Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ode to my little knight

Best little friends never die, they just float around your head like a dream.  Only they're living their own dreams now.  I miss Chiaroscuro, he was probably the best pet rat I ever had.  He could do almost anything you wanted him to, but only he wanted to.  I considered him a lady's rat too.  I would always ask him "Do you love me?" and he would reply with a kiss on the cheeks (or lips).  And he loved guests, especially the shy ones.  When someone was too frightened to pet, hold, or ask to kiss him, he nearly lunged at them with great enthusiasm and give them a big kiss on the lips and snuggle up against their neck whether they liked it or not....crazy little rat....
And recently his son (biological, trust me) followed him too.  I don't really cry about my pet when they die.  It doesn't bother me that much.  But it's always a bit sad to know you won't be able to see him for long time.  Frodo was much older when he passed, but I always remember him as have the cute charm of his father with a little extra fat.  Their memory, at least, lives on.
Honestly I'm such a nerd...

just another sketch from school.

1 comment: