Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Strange Beast: Future

I think the most strangest and mysterious creature in the whole world is Future.  You don't know what he looks like.  In fact, you never really know what he looks like.  He sits in darkness, stalking you, smiling at you with a smile you can't figure out.  Future doesn't attack with his teeth and claws or sits on you with his grotesque mass.  He attacks your senses, your mind, your emotional discipline.  He just sits there, watching you.  You know he's there, but you never know if he's going to pounce at you or when.  You think about him all the time, wondering what it will be like when you meet him.  Will he be kind or cruel.  And then, before you know it, the thing you've been scared of has already passed.  But he's still there.  Stalking you.  And still you get nervous.  Always watching your back.  You can never seem to run from him if you try and yet he never really touches you at all.  Strange.  I've known some monsters to be strange, like selfs, prejudice, and loneliness, but never is a creature so strange as Future himself.  You never see him, yet you know he's there.  He never harms you, but your anxious for when he strikes.

Speaking of the creature Loneliness (tangent :D).  Loneliness is an odd creature.  When you're by yourself, he comes to you and comforts you.  But see that's what he intends.  He lets you know he's there and for some reason you panic.  It's weird, because he's so nice to you.  he tells you that there's no one else around but you and him.  It's good to have at least someone isn't it?  Then he's really nice enough to give you a name: Alone.  We all accept that name because we cry "I'm alone!" but it's never in a jubilant way.  He talks to you telepathically all the time, always using the name he gave you, but we never talk back.  I wonder if he likes it or not, when you ignore him as if he's not there.  You get so self-centered.  Loneliness has needs too.  Why don't you fill them.  I think he just wants a friend, but we're never really willing enough to be that.  Monsters are very strange creatures.

...I wish I were one...

Tangent # 2:  Have you ever noticed that I particularly like monsters?  Like, I think about them all the time?  I've just barely noticed...hmm...why did it take me so long to figure out?  Maybe I am a monster and I just don't know about it...

Tangent #3:  I also noticed just barely that really like ellipses...why is that?  Is it because I like the awkwardness of it all?

Tangent #4:  I WANT TO BE A MONSTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment