Monday, November 25, 2013

Goblin Town

So last night I watched The Hobbit extended version with my family.  There was one scene that I found...a bit odd.  I mean, it was weird...and cheesy.  I see why it's a deleted scene.  I didn't expect a rock song coming out of middle earth.  You just have to see it.  The dwarves were being funny though and I liked that, but I didn't like the dancing fat guy.......
For your joy, here's the lyrics pulled right from the book, so you can read along and get this bizarre song in your little heads.  Of course, the movie is way different from the book, but you get my point.

Clap! Snap! the black crack!
Grip, grab! Pinch, nab!
And down down to Goblin-town
You go, my lad!

Clash, crash! Crush, smash!
Hammer and tongs! Knocker and gongs!
Pound, pound, far underground!
Ho, ho! my lad!

Swish, smack! Whip crack!
Batter and beat! Yammer and bleat!
Work, work! Nor dare to shirk,
While Goblins quaff, and Goblins laugh,
Round and round far underground
Below, my lad!

No comments:

Post a Comment