Monday, December 24, 2012

Guillotine

My brother told me a very strange fact:
"You know, when your head gets chopped off you still have consciousness for a little bit."
"Really!" I said
"Yeah, only your unable to breath, so you can't smell and you eventually suffocate.  But you're still aware of everything going on around you.  You can hear it, you can see it, and yeah."
"So--if I were to get my head lopped off, I would actually know that I was just a head rolling around on the ground and I could see the world just spin around as I rolled?"
"Yes, but it would only be for a few seconds and you would just fade...(He sees the grin on my face) you better not be having any ideas!"

No no, I wont chop my head off to enjoy the sensation.  I can only do it once anyway.  But isn't that just cool?  Just think about it:  you can't feel the rest of your body, your heart grows cold so you can't feel any emotions, but the world is spinning around you and you thump your head on the ground.  That's when you realize "My body's gone!"  You roll around, a body-less lump and everyone screams when you approach them.  Then, it all just fades away.   It grows dark and you no longer feel the world tossing you around like the useless head you are.
That kind of sounds cool to me, but I imagine it wasn't for those who did feel the sensation.

1 comment:

  1. No kidding. You know, I wonder where your consciousness goes; to your head, or to your body? I imagine it's your head, but for some reason that seems strange to me too.

    ReplyDelete