Friday, December 7, 2012

If I were a shape-shifter

If I were a shape-shifter, would I want to take the form of all the animals in the world?  Would I want to take the form of all whom I touch (even the lamp post)?  Would I want to take the shape of one animal like Beorn the skin-changer?  And dance with others like myself?  Would I want to want to never be my own original shape, and hide it like the basilisk?
Of course not!  I'd choose non of those things if I were to be a shape-shifter.
If I were a shape-shifter, I'd wish to take the form of a monster of my own creation.  A monster so unique, I'd love only to dance with myself.  A monster that would make the man rocking on his chair on his porch nearly fall off and say to himself "What on earth was that!  I ain't never seen anything of the like!"  A creature that may reflect a little of myself though.  A bit of innocence and majestic love in my eyes, but with the counterpart of a fierce power.  That's what I would choose if I were a shape-shifter.

2 comments:

  1. Shape-shifting beats invisibility any day.
    It's not as creative as yours, but I think I would enjoy changing into a bird. Then I could fly. Or become some kind of dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stick with a dragon. Birds can't breath fire

    ReplyDelete