Monday, December 24, 2012

Is it better to live alone?

I find that when I'm relieved of school and I'm trapped in my home by snow and simply having nothing to leave the house for, I feel more creative.  My mind it seems, grows clearer and I enjoy life a bit more for its simpleness, and I can come up with story ideas, or art projects.  And with me being the youngest in my family and still not being able to drive or have a job (not that I totally desire for it), I find myself home alone.  But I like it that way.  I like having the home to myself.  I don't have any interruptions when I clean the kitchen or make tempting little cherry rounds or read a book.  And then when I do miss my friends at school, I talk to myself, which is totally fine as long as I know it's me I'm talking to.  But then I also grow more shy and reluctant to call people or start up conversations with my neighbors.  And that's simply because I don't want to.  They don't have any desires to climb mountains that don't exist.
But unfortunately school will come.  And I will once again be standing at the bus stop alone.  My shoes freezing to the sidewalk and the only companion to show up will usually be the silent Bean Pole boy who strangely only wears a light jacket.  Then I will be surrounded by people and my mind will grow foggy again.  I may not have the creativity I did before when I was alone and I wont be used to school so I'll have some late assignments.  The only thing I really ever look forward to for school now is my friends.  I enjoy them so much more.  I used to think school was good hard work and joyful, but now I'd prefer a plow for hard work than a math quiz.  School is so unimportant to me now that it's Christmas Break.
Is it better to live alone?  With only a couple companions to keep you entertained.  I enjoy loneliness most of the time but I desire company a lot too.
...I wish I weren't so stupid...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I feel this same way too. Only everyone is sticking around me now. I wish I had some alone time now. And unfortunately I'm still stressing about school even in vacation. I hate it when I do this. All I can feel is the vacation being spent like pennies in the gutter. I wish I could think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stress about school at night. But I forget in the mornings. You know, right now I hate my bed. I'm spending so much time with it that it's feeling really uncomfortable to me. I haven't done any of my homework and I REALLY don't want to.
    We're both just slumps aren't we?

    ReplyDelete