Monday, December 10, 2012

Rebellious for a change

I was too tired to pay attention to my boring lectures, so I reverted back to my old habit for a second and doodled quite a rebellious piece of work.
So yes about my "old habit"  during elementary school: I was so bored by the same old and monotonous lessons that I would just draw, saying to myself "I may not be looking at the teacher but I'm still listening" (yeah right).  Once during third grade, the teacher caught me drawing a rat and she took it away (I remember complaining to her because "I wasn't finished with it"), brought me out to the hall and threatened to send me back to kindergarten if I wouldn't stop drawing.  Then she had a meeting with my mother about it.  I remember when she and I walked out of the school that night.  I was feeling pretty scared because I didn't want to go back to kindergarten over a stupid drawing.  But I also laughed because my mom was holding that same drawing with a dreamily confused face.
Oh' but don't worry, my third grade teacher took it all back after being given a drawing of a light house (I was a sucker like that).  Then the story of her focus challenged student kind of changed...

1 comment: