Friday, December 7, 2012

My peculiarness

I think everyone has a peculiarness, hidden away somewhere in our homes.  It usually is never specific, but certainly peculiar.  Maybe you have one that I hopefully do not know of.  Maybe you have found one yourself; like your mom's is an old picture of her when she was in high school, or the old man across the street's is a collection of someones wisdom teeth tucked away in the knife drawer, or your Aunt Emmaline has a shrunken head in her dusty trunk. 
Mine is the wee little skull of a badger, that my father gave me, hidden tenderly in my closet.  'Roger' I call him...why that is, I'm not sure.  Perhaps that was the name he introduced me with when I met his soul in a dream that I don't remember....

1 comment:

  1. I think that my peculiarness might be abstract, but if it's an object, then it's probably something like my old gas mask. I love that thing. Or maybe it's something else, hmmm.

    Roger is a good name.

    ReplyDelete